Twenty one years ago, I planned a Reading Adventure Night for 1 credit hour toward my Master's Degree. Every year since I have planned and pulled off a night attended by over 100 kiddos. I have tons of support from Mrs. Haynes and the staff, administration and PTA of Lewis and Clark...couldn't do it without them. From 4:00-7:30pm kids have a snack, travel to four activity rooms, listen to our favorite storyteller, Mr. Haynes, and have pizza for dinner. Check out our photos from this year's event...
Kay Grimminger...art teacher, quilter, jewelry maker, fiber designer, and doll maker talked to the kids about creativity and thinking outside the box. Mrs. Grimminger is Mrs. Rosheim's mom! Sharing Mrs. Thormod's creative outlet...dancing! Practicing the Cupid Shuffle! Practice makes perfect! Making bracelets! Getting creative ourselves! Bill Cardwell, Famous Liberty drum maker talked to the kids and teachers about his creative life. He has even made a drum set for Ringo Starr. The teachers and parents were very impressed...the kids not so much:). Mr. Cardwell is Mrs. Jellison's (LC 3rd grade teacher) father! Lots of questions following his presentation!
Comments