Skip to main content

Landmark 2012

Well, another year of Landmark excitement is under our belts. We had a great learning experience with the game this year. For the first time in a long time, we had two teams...a fourth grade team and a fifth grade team. I will NOT do that again...it was an organizational nightmare. Plus I found that we all work together better as one big team. I witnessed competition between grade levels, and did not like what it was doing to our school community. In the end, our fourth grade team tied for 8th place and our 5th grade team tied for 7th place. Way to go Lewis and Clark learners! Check out what we learned below...
"I learned new sites and how timelines work."
"I learned how to do a split screen and could look up two things at once to compare."
"I learned how to face a problem and not back down from a challenge."
"I learned that you can learn and have fun at the same time."
"I learned to search using key words in the clues."
I learned to be a better researcher because now I know to put the different clues together like a puzzle."
"I thought harder and talked with the other people doing the landmark."
"I learned to read the questions carefully."
"I learned to research the important words."
"I became a better reseacher by not giving up even when it irritated me."
"I learned how to use my time wisely."
"I learned how to put clues into research words."
"I became a better researcher because I used my resources to figure out clues and riddles."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Post!

This will be my last post as a teacher-librarian for Liberty Public Schools.  After 30 years of teaching, I will be retiring at the end of this school year.  I will continue teaching next year at Kansas City International Academy.  I will totally be switching roles and can't wait to help middle school students work on their reading skills.  I have already started immersing myself in middle school reading by viewing webinars, rereading several books on the topics of reading and literacy ( The Cafe Book and The Daily 5 ),  and reading several new books that will help me manage the structure necessary for successful guided reading. On the other hand, I am also going full speed in the library as well.  We are ending the year by wrapping up Genius Hour projects, art bots, creating books on topics we are passionate about, introducing next year's Missouri award books, and getting summer reading off the ground so our LC kiddos keep on reading!  Several of us are also totally reva