Skip to main content

Favorite Authors

Who is your favorite author and why?

Comments

Justin said…
My favorite author is Rick Rordan. Because he makes epic and hilaroius books. He also is a very big hit for kids. One of the books I want to read by him is The 39 Clues, The Maze of Bones.
Allie said…
My favorite author is Jeanne DuPRAU. I love this author's book's because she writes the Ember series! I think this is one of the best author's to me because she writes amazing books even the Ember series. I think every one should give Jeanne's DuPRAU's books!
Warren said…
My favorite author is Dan Gutman because he writes sooooooo many good books about many diffirent subjects.
Caitlyn said…
My favorite author is Mary Downing Hahn.She writes realy good ghost storys like The Doll In The Garden!
Jordan said…
My favorite author is Judy Blume because she has AWSOME books! I have all of them.
Anonymous said…
My favorite author is Jerry Spinelli. He is my favorite author because he puts lots of thought into his book to make it feel like you are there. I have loved his books forever and I am still reading them.
Andrew said…
My favorite author is Mike Lupica. He writes sooooooo many great sports books that I love to read. He can be seen on ESPN Sports Reporters on Sunday mornings.
Jessie said…
Barbara Park is my favorite author
because I love JUNIE B. JONES.
Anonymous said…
My favorite author is Dori Butler because I read all of her books, and some of them are really good mysteries. One book I stayed up all night reading! One of her books is Do You Know The Monkey Man and she will soon be coming out with the sequel!
Jaxen said…
My favorite author is Katherine Paterson because she one a newberry and that is a very big thing.
Mrs. Rosheim said…
I am noticing that a lot of you have found some great authors by participating in the reading programs at LC. I see authors from the Mark Twain List, great lit. books, and your SMILE genres. Keep looking for those authors you love!
Jessie said…
AVI is a great author. He wrote the most Great Lits.
Jordan said…
My favorite author is Judy BLume because she has very funny writing!
Aaron said…
My favorite author is Bruce Webber because he writes awesome sports biographies.

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Off And Running

We are entering our 2nd full week of school and I have seen each class two times. So far we have reviewed our Missouri Reading Award Programs, checked out for the first time, learned how to access digital materials at home, set up Google Classrooms, and become familiar with Overdrive ebooks.  Mrs. Haynes met with each class before their second checkout (first with their classroom teacher) and chatted with the kiddos about checkout expectations and a couple of other new things she is working on.  She is so good about being proactive instead of reactive to what we know happens each year in our library.
Tomorrow each grade level will begin their first maker unit.  These units will include inquiry, mini lessons as necessary to teach/review note-taking, selecting best sources, questioning, citing sources, locating materials in our library and on our website, and instruction/exploration on databases and apps we will be using.

This is our plan...
Fifth graders are designers and will begin worki…

Kindergarten Builders and Problem-Solvers

Mission:  Using the supplies provided, build a contraption to help the Little Red Hen carry flour. Supplies:  TinkerToys, Yarn, Bucket, 5 lb Bag of Flour Focus:  Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Fun



The Power of A Book

I recently finished the book, Appleblossom The Possum by Holly Goldberg Sloan (the author of Counting by 7's)  Let me start by saying I will read anything that H. G. Sloan writes.  What an amazing author!  Appleblossom is the sweetest little possum you ever did read about and she totally changed my feelings about possums.  They just don't seem quite so nasty anymore:).  Just look at that cute little possum waving to you on the cover below.  She was drawn by Holly Goldberg Sloan's husband, Gary A. Rosen.

I started reading this book on Monday and found myself headed back to school tonight (Wednesday) after dinner so I could find out what happened to sweet little Appleblossom in the "monster's house."  I have always thought that I didn't enjoy fictional animal books.  I may be the only person in the world who doesn't like Charlotte's Web.  I am beginning to wonder if it is because of the sadness I felt as a little girl when I read about Charlotte…