Skip to main content
Preparing for author/illustrator Henry Cole's visit to Lewis and Clark!


Comments

Kate Sutton said…
I like how they are reading or talking about the book to each other.
Grace 3H said…
I love his books! I really want to read A Nest for Celeste!!!!!!!!!!!!
Claire 3N said…
I love his books i wish I could of been there.

Popular posts from this blog

We Are Off And Running

We are entering our 2nd full week of school and I have seen each class two times. So far we have reviewed our Missouri Reading Award Programs, checked out for the first time, learned how to access digital materials at home, set up Google Classrooms, and become familiar with Overdrive ebooks.  Mrs. Haynes met with each class before their second checkout (first with their classroom teacher) and chatted with the kiddos about checkout expectations and a couple of other new things she is working on.  She is so good about being proactive instead of reactive to what we know happens each year in our library.
Tomorrow each grade level will begin their first maker unit.  These units will include inquiry, mini lessons as necessary to teach/review note-taking, selecting best sources, questioning, citing sources, locating materials in our library and on our website, and instruction/exploration on databases and apps we will be using.

This is our plan...
Fifth graders are designers and will begin worki…

Kindergarten Builders and Problem-Solvers

Mission:  Using the supplies provided, build a contraption to help the Little Red Hen carry flour. Supplies:  TinkerToys, Yarn, Bucket, 5 lb Bag of Flour Focus:  Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication, and Fun



The Power of A Book

I recently finished the book, Appleblossom The Possum by Holly Goldberg Sloan (the author of Counting by 7's)  Let me start by saying I will read anything that H. G. Sloan writes.  What an amazing author!  Appleblossom is the sweetest little possum you ever did read about and she totally changed my feelings about possums.  They just don't seem quite so nasty anymore:).  Just look at that cute little possum waving to you on the cover below.  She was drawn by Holly Goldberg Sloan's husband, Gary A. Rosen.

I started reading this book on Monday and found myself headed back to school tonight (Wednesday) after dinner so I could find out what happened to sweet little Appleblossom in the "monster's house."  I have always thought that I didn't enjoy fictional animal books.  I may be the only person in the world who doesn't like Charlotte's Web.  I am beginning to wonder if it is because of the sadness I felt as a little girl when I read about Charlotte…