Our second graders were just introduced to our entire selection of magazines. They were thrilled to have access to ALL of our magazines. Some favorites included Lego, Dog and Cat Fancy, American Girl, KidZone, Ranger Rick, SI for Kids, and of course American Girl. When asked what they loved about magazines our second graders had this to say...
- You don't have to start at the beginning and read all the way to the end, you can skip around by using the table of contents.
- You don't have to read every word and page.
- Some magazines have jokes, comics, and games.
- They don't take as long to read as a book.
- Some magazines tell you more than you know.
- They tell me about places around the world.
- I love magazines because they help you learn and get smart.
- They have real and fake information. (I am assuming nonfiction and fiction info)
- They can show you how to do things.